If you were a member of the U.S. military, whether you are an active member, a veteran, or a family member of a military member, there is good news for you: there are federal government programs that provide grants exclusively for you

Government programs that offer free grant money are available for active and veteran members of the U.S. military branches, to ensure that military personnel are especially taken care of in case they are experiencing post-service financial hardship, or are having trouble covering any of their bills such as for medical, housing, or grocery expenses.

Government Grants for U.S. Active and Veteran Military Members (and Their Families)
Back 4 of 4

Sometimes, active military personnel facing financial challenges due to deployment requirements or combat injuries also experience a unique degree of various hardships that non-military people do not experience. So, the federal government creates programs specifically for military members. 

Government housing and healthcare programs for U.S. military members and qualified family members are often essential to the survival of people who sacrificed to serve their country.

For example, The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) offers housing grants and specialized home loans to veterans of military services and their surviving spouses. 

Through the VA, however, you can receive more than housing assistance. The VA offers programs that provide grant money to help in all possible ways you might need financial assistance, such as: Medical expenses, college education, tradework or other career pathway education, entrepreneurship start up grants, life insurance, automobile allowance, disability benefits, cemetery and funeral grants, and more. 

Grant money is usable to improve or modify your home to accommodate mobility issues caused by service-based disabilities or age-related limitations. Certain grant programs, such as the Specially Adapted Housing and Special Housing Adaptation programs, are dedicated to preventing homelessness among veterans.

In honor of services rendered, the U.S. government provides education and small business grants to qualified servicemembers. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) sponsors the Boots to Business program, which helps active and veteran servicemembers (and applicable spouses) start new businesses. Support lasts for five years and includes training pursuant to business ownership principles. Iraq and Afghanistan Service Grants fund grants for the surviving children of former servicemembers who died during active duty.

Federal Pell Grants (low-income-based assistance) and the VA-sponsored GI Bill both help pay for expenses related to trade school or college tuition. Healthcare plans and benefits are also available for active and veteran military servicemembers through the VA, VA-facilitated health facilities and TRICARE

TRICARE is a type of health insurance plan, which covers certain medical and dental service expenses for qualified U.S. military servicemembers. Browse the VA website (www.va.gov) for more information about government assistance and federal grants for your healthcare needs today.

Back 4 of 4

By Admin