There are several credit monitoring companies out there, all of which claim to offer the best protection and highest level of security. But how can you be sure which one is right for you?
From Experian credit monitoring to AAA, it can feel a bit overwhelming trying to find the right company. The best credit monitoring service for you is one that provides you with the level of protection you need at a price you can handle.
It’s important to compare credit protection companies before purchasing a package. This way, you can be absolutely sure that the company you go with is providing you with the best value. Here are a few things to consider while you are comparison shopping:
- Price – How much will credit protection cost you each month (or year, if you are charged annually)? The cost of credit monitoring ranges between $8 and $39 per month. If you do not want to pay for this service, you may be able to find free credit monitoring companies. Contact your bank or credit card company to inquire about free protection.
- Reimbursement – Does the company offer partial or full reimbursement of any money stolen due to identity theft? Some companies offer up to $1 million in reimbursement, though this is usually reserved for the most expensive package.
- Features – Consider the features that come with the package. Some credit monitoring companies have an easy-to-use app that lets you lock your sensitive information at the touch of a button. Other companies offer 24/7 customer support, mobile alerts and free trial periods.
There are few stand-out credit monitoring companies you should consider when shopping around for identity theft protection. Experian, one of the top consumer credit reporting agencies, has its own identity protection service.
Experian IdentityWorks is a popular credit protection service that offers some of the most comprehensive identity protection on the market. With this service, you can receive 24/7 fraud alerts to stay ahead of cyber criminals.
Not sure if Experian credit monitoring is right for you? The company offers a free 30-day trial so you can test it out and see if it’s worth your investment. Credit protection plans range between $9.99 and $19.99 per month, depending on how many people for which you want coverage.
Then there’s AAA ProtectMyID, which works alongside Experian to provide you with comprehensive protection. It offers three plans, the first of which is free for AAA members. The other packages are offered for $10.95 or $15.95 per month and offer a slew of extra features, including:
- Dormant credit card monitoring.
- Sex offender monitoring.
- Credit usage and limit alerts.
- Payday loan monitoring.
By Admin –